History of TLM
The Leprosy Mission began work in Nepal in 1957, opening Anandaban Hospital on a quiet hillside near Lele in Lalitpur District, some 18km south from the centre of Kathmandu. At that time leprosy was a very visible health problem in Nepal, the only recognised treatment being limited in its effect. The developing work included out-patient as well as in-patient services. Over the years major developments have included the addition of a Training Centre, the development of Mycobacterial Research Laboratory and the start of Community-Based Rehabilitation programmes.