Application Deadline: 23 Nov 2020
The application deadline is now closed!
|Designation:||Business Development Officer (BDO)|
|Reporting:||Cluster Manager (CM)|
|Working Hours & Location:||9:00AM – 5:00PM (flexibility required) & Butwal Cluster|
Background of FOUND project:
The FOUND (Fueling Opportunities to end Unemployment for Nepalis with Disability) Project aims to support 2,500 unemployed skilled people with disabilities from five economic hub districts of Nepal – Morang, Kathmandu, Lalitpur, Rupandehi and Kapilvastu to find and thrive in formal or self-employment. Targeting 875 business owners and employers, it will improve knowledge, confidence, skills and attitudes so they understand the abilities of people with disabilities. For people with disabilities it will improve employability skills and self-confidence, pilot inclusive job searches and hiring practices and collate evidence of what works.
The project was designed with envision to improve the physical and emotional capacity of people with disability to increase their confidence and employability skills so that they can enter into and retain formal and self-employment. Besides, there is limited evidence on successful experiences of people with disabilities in employment to celebrate. It is not clear what works in supporting skilled people with disabilities to succeed at work, and the contribution of people with disabilities to business in the Nepali context. In this context, we have following objectives to meet:
- Employers’ increased understanding of disability
- Increased skills and understandings of people with disability to gain employment and succeed in chosen occupations
- Entry and retention of people with disability into formal or self-employment
- Generate Robust evidence of what works in supporting people with disability to enter and thrive in formal and self-employment in Nepal
Overview of the job:
TLMN is seeking to hire an enthusiastic Business Development Officer(BDO) who will bring significant experience in establishing public relationship with business owners, employers, government representatives in related area of work, DPOs and people with disability. BDO will ensure that the relationship with business owners and employers will bring about new opportunities to enroll skilled people with disability into their workplaces. Place people with disability into matching job. Conduct monitoring and supervision of people with disability placed in formal and self-employment, analyze feedbacks received from employers and recruited people with disability. Provide technical support to CM for timely preparation and delivery of routine progress reports. Assist Cluster Manager in maintaining subnational level networking and advocacy in coordination with the national government (Municipality, Ward), livelihood department, social welfare department, business owners, DPOs etc. BDO require strong communication, marketing and persuading skills. Design recruitment plans together with EC to successfully recruit People with Disability in formal and self-employment.
Under the direction of Cluster Manager, BDO will implement FOUND project activities in designated cluster and will:
- Understand and comprehend project needs and identify core clients
- Build rapport with business owners to generate numbers of placement opportunities
- Find out market needs, number of positions and businesses that are best fit for People with Disability
- Generate opportunities to access business institutions through support of government line agencies, coordination committees and trusted business owners, FNCCI committee and subcommittee
- Build relationship with Confederation of Nepalese Industries (CNI), Nepal Chamber of Commerce (NCC), other business federations, independent entrepreneurs and other service provider associations
- Support People with Disability to develop business plan to establish self-employment
- Regularly share information about employment possibilities with Employment Counselor (EC) in order to equip People with Disability for placement
- Work together with EC to classify People with Disability into suitable areas of employment
- Participate with Cluster Manager and Employment Counselor in developing practical guidance/handbook for creating cost effective disability- friendly workplaces
- Link EC and People with Disability with employers for on-the-job counseling and sensitization.
- Promote significance of Disability Confident Employer Scheme (DCES) brand among business owners
Monitoring, Learning and Sharing
- Make regular workplace visit to monitor people with disability at work and get updates on their attitude, confidence and employability skills and regularly report back to CM
- Maintain database management tools to keep track of all people with disability and employers you work with
- Use and maintain affirmed data management tools to monitor regular progress and regularly report back to CM
- Provide monthly action plan with clear targets; Develop clear movement plan
- Share project specific problems with CM and central office on timely basis
- Collect compelling case stories
- Collect, maintain and share feedbacks collected from people with disability at work and employers;
- Maintain complaint feedback log and report it on monthly basis
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in Communication, Marketing, Public Relation or any other relevant area of studies
- At least 3 years of experience in relevant field
- Excellent Communication and influential skill
- Demonstrated experience in the implementation of similar project and data collection methodologies
- Extensive field experience in targeted districts and solid understanding of the realities and complexities of working with businesses and people with disability.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in Nepali and strong command of written English;
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Demonstrated experience in Microsoft Office, including Word, Power Point, and Excel
- Candidate with working experience with DFID funded program preferred
- Submit application form, CV with 3 references clearly indicating the position to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The closing date for the application is 23-Nov-2020.
- Failure to submit requested documents will result in the application being rejected.
Priorities will be given to local candidates and people with disability.
Only shortlisted candidates will be called for an interview.
TLM Nepal is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage candidates of diverse backgrounds, women, and persons with disability to apply. TLM Nepal is committed to safeguarding; protecting children and vulnerable adults and as such candidates will be subject to pre-employment checks.