Application Deadline: _______________
|Reporting:||Knowledge Management Officer (KMM)|
|Working Hours:||8:30AM – 4:00PM (flexibility required)|
Background of FOUND project:
The FOUND (Fueling Opportunities to end Unemployment for Nepalis with Disability) Project aims to support 2,500 unemployed skilled people with disabilities from five economic hub districts of Nepal – Morang, Kathmandu, Lalitpur, Rupandehi and Kapilvastu to find and thrive in formal or self-employment. Targeting 550 business owners and employers, it will improve knowledge, confidence, skills and attitudes so they understand the abilities of people with disabilities. For people with disabilities it will improve employability skills and self-confidence, pilot inclusive job searches and hiring practices and collate evidence of what works.
The project was designed with envision to improve the physical and emotional capacity of people with disability to increase their confidence and employability skills so that they can enter into and retain formal and self-employment. Besides, there is limited evidence on successful experiences of people with disabilities in employment to celebrate. It is not clear what works in supporting skilled people with disabilities to succeed at work, and the contribution of people with disabilities to business in the Nepali context. In this context, we have following objectives to meet:
- Employers’ increased understanding of disability
- Increased skills and understandings of people with disability to gain employment and succeed in chosen occupations
- Entry and retention of people with disability into formal or self-employment
- Generate Robust evidence of what works in supporting people with disability to enter and thrive in formal and self-employment in Nepal
Overview of the job:
TLMN – FOUND Project is looking to hire an enthusiastic Communication Officer. The communications officer will support our external communications strategy, write, and disseminate publicity material, respond to inquiries from the public and media, and coordinate promotional events. The communication officer will lead the Disability Confident Employer Scheme (DCES) which is a USP of the project through with he/she will promote our achievements to wider audiences.
Under the direction of the Knowledge Management Manager (KMM), Communication Officer will implement the following duties:
- Collaborate with KMM to develop and implement an effective communications (DCES) plan based on our target audience.
- Independently design, write and distribute English and Nepali promotional materials, newsletters, including publications, website content, and other marketing material that communicates the project’s activities, products, and/or services.
- Regularly manage and monitor and publish updates in FOUND social media, Facebook, Twitter, linked-in article, Viber community, clubhouse, hashtags #disabilityemployment #inclusiveemployment #DCES, etc.
- Maintain records of media coverage and collate analytics and metrics.
- Proficiency in design and publishing software.
- Have good knowledge in video making and editing.
- Arrange visit plans to interact with employers, journalists, DPOs.
- Arrange monthly webinars to promote FOUND activities in policymakers, employers, persons with disability.
Producing Knowledge (15%)
Support KMM in the following areas
- Promote FOUND Project’s Inclusive Job Portal (inclusivejob.com) and regularly update DCES information in it.
- Generate databases of employers, media, other stakeholders of all clusters and compile them
- Collect feedback and complain of employers, media, other stakeholders
- Compile data, identify data errors, cleansing data, and analysis using office excel.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, or related field.
- Minimum of 2-5 years’ relevant experience in a communications role.
- Knowledge of desktop publishing software (InDesign/Photoshop).
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Good time management and organizational skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, content management systems, and social media platforms.
- English to Nepali translation ability will be the plus point.
- Submit application form, CV with 3 references clearly indicating the position to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The closing date for the application is _________
- Failure to submit requested documents will result in the application being rejected.
Priorities will be given to local candidates and people with disability.
Please avoid calling our HR team. Only shortlisted candidates will be called for an interview.
TLM Nepal is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage candidates of diverse backgrounds, women, and persons with disability to apply. TLM Nepal is committed to safeguarding; protecting children and vulnerable adults and as such candidates will be subject to pre-employment checks.